Effective August 1, 2023
This policy relates to all licenses regulated by the Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigerator Technicians, and Sprinkler Fitters, the Board of Building Regulations and Standards, the Board of Elevator Examiners, and Hoisting Engineer licenses issued by the Office of Public Safety and Inspections (“OPSI”) Engineering Division.
- Licensees engaged in the practice of a licensed occupation regulated by the above boards, bureau, or OPSI are required by regulation to carry a license at all times. Licensees may carry a Digital License to meet this requirement as long as all of the specifications of this Advisory are met. Please read the job aid for step-by-step guidance for how to view/print an Office of Public Safety and Inspections (OPSI) License.
- Carrying a Digital License is deemed the equivalent of carrying a Hard Copy License. A Digital License or a Hard Copy of your license must be furnished for inspection immediately upon request by a duly authorized individual. Please note that the OPSI License Verification Site (mylicense.com) now contains a digital version of your license that previously was mailed to you.
- For verification purposes a Digital License may consist of the following:
- Digital Photo of Electronic License: A “Digital Photo (electronic version)” of your license, generated by the OPSI License Verification Site mylicense.com;
- Online License Verification: You may verify your license in real time by logging into your MLO account and showing the digital license to the authorized individual (you must have internet access);
- Online Public License Verification: You may verify your license in real time by accessing the OPSI’s public online license verification system, the OPSI License Verification Site, at mylicense.com upon the inspector’s request (you must have internet access). You must also produce a government-issued photo identification with this option; or
- Screenshot of Online License Verification: A previously saved screenshot of your online verification from the public online license verification system, furnished for inspection together with a government-issued photo identification.
- Any form of a license described above must include the license number and an expiration date that has not passed and must be furnished for inspection immediately upon request by a duly authorized individual.
- Individuals may print a hard copy of their license from the OPSI License Verification Site (mylicense.com) and maintain that hard copy on their person.